A fast-growing restaurant development company with dozens of locations throughout the Southeast U.S. brought Talismark on board to analyze its waste and recycling systems.
Restaurants manage waste expenses better than most businesses since they are high-volume users and because on-site managers are often paid according to the store’s profitability.
This national franchisee has an aggressive opening schedule for new locations and also relies on Talismark to review site plans, local ordinances, and new vendor qualifications for pre-construction
After completing a review of the locations, Talismark:
1. Eliminated all long-term waste hauler contracts
2. Implemented improved recycling procedures
3. Right-sized select equipment to maximize collection efficiency
in monopoly franchise areas
4. Negotiated lower rates for service from existing vendors
5. Replaced some existing vendors with lower-cost operators
New locations coming on-line start service at the lowest market rates possible and do not have to sign long-term hauler contracts. All new sites are now designed to accommodate both solid waste and recycling collection.
Additional Case Studies
Click on any of the images below to access the case studies