An electronics retailer with locations throughout Florida and Arizona hired Talismark to consult on potential savings for waste services it managed in-house at its corporate location.
Talismark identified several areas:
• Price negotiations for existing service
• Change of equipment specifications
• Alteration of collection schedules
• Implementation of recycling programs
• Elimination of waste hauler agreements with rollover clauses.
Reduce solid waste spend and implement an aggressive recycling program.
After completing a review and database of all location information, new prices with existing vendors were negotiated. A waste characterization developed by Talismark concluded that sites could easily recycle more than half their waste, resulting in additional savings.
Classifications of savings:
• Gross waste cost cut by 57%.
• Hauler contracts eliminated at 92% of locations after first year, 100% in second year.
• No cancellation fees paid to eliminate hauler contracts.
• Total gross savings for first year alone: $459,000.00.
Additional Case Studies
Click on any of the images below to access the case studies